The chief executive's role is to support and advise the PCC in delivering his/her manifesto, as expressed through the Police and Crime Plan, statutory duties and responsibilities, including:
1. Strategy and resource planning
2. Commissioning and service delivery
3. Information (including obtaining the views of the public, research, strategic needs assessments)
4. Scrutiny, evaluation and performance; and
5. Ensuring an efficient and effective Office of the PCC.
I am the head of the office of the PCC focusing on delivering the full range of the commissioner’s plans and objectives. I manage the team of paid staff and act as the commissioner’s senior advisor. The post of chief executive is required by Government statute to ensure that all PCC are legal.
My management team lead on the diverse range of OPCC issues but I take a particular lead on: Strategic alliance collaboration with Dorset; Making innovative use of police finances including fundraising and commercialising the police estate. Finally, I represent the PCC at a range of events and forums across the peninsula.