FOI requests answered up to May 2016
Below are a selection of answer to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act up to May 2016.
29 September 2015 - Appointment / recruitment - response
1. How many members of OPCC staff are there of March 2015, and what is the current annual salary cost?
2. How many people working in your office are seconded from the local police force, rather than being on the OPCC’s books, and what is the cost of their salaries?
3. Please state the rank of these workers and what their seconded role is, ie sergeant working as staff officer.
17 February 2016 - Expenses / costs - response
Please reveal the salaries of Ian Ansell, Sarah Carlsen-Browne, Donna Cassidy, Linda Clarke, Anna Louise Cogwill, David Eaton, Katie Grant, Michelle Hackett, Cath Horton, Janet Hyndman, Andrew Kirchin, Nicola long, Natalie Martin, Richard Martin, Dr. Karen Mellodew, Pippa Mold, Adam Morris, Di Needs, Karen Olver, Wendy Rowden, Elanor Tanner, Mark Tyler and Lisa Vango.
Could you also reveal where their salary comes from i.e. is it out of the budget for the Police and Crime Commissioner or from the Home office.
Can you also confirm if there is an assistant or deputy commissioner, and their salary.
A full breakdown of each annual salary would be greatly appreciated.
10 February 2016 - Expenses / costs - response
For each year since January 2013, I would like to know how much the Office of Police and Crime Commissioner spent on:
a. Temporary staff
c. Redecoration/refurbishment of office space
d. Travel expenses broken down into mileage claims, and claims for taxis, trains, and any air travel
e. Maintenance of disused buildings
27 January 2016 - Expenses / costs - response
- What estimate has been made of any real-terms reductions in the income received by the force from the Home Office in the following years - (a) 2016/17 (b) 2017/18 (c) 2018/19 (d) 2019/20. Please include in your response any documents setting out forward financial projections (redacted or in full).
- What estimate has been made of any real-terms reductions in spending by the force in the following years - (a) 2015/16 (b) 2016/17 (c) 2017/18 (d) 2018/19 (e) 2019/20
- What projections have been made of the impact on the force of any proposed reductions in the police grant formula allocation and can you outline any planned workforce reductions.
- What estimate has been made of the cost to the force of (a) the apprenticeship levy and (b) the single tier pension?
- Has the force spent any money obtaining ACORN 5 data from CACI limited since 14 July 2015? If so, how much?
- What has been the total cost to the force to date of engaging in the Home Office consultation on reform of the police funding formula?
19 November 2015 - Expenses / costs - response
A breakdown of the expenditure of the police and crime commissioner, and his department
29 November 2015 - Expenses / costs - response
I note you seek access to the following information:
1. Do you have a deputy/deputies PCC?
2. If you do have a deputy/deputies, do they have any other paid work? If so what work?
3. What is the PCC's salary?
4. What is the total office annual wage bill?
5. How many FTE staff?
6. How many deputy PCCs?
7. How many FTE (Full Time Equivalent) staff working on communications/PR?
8. How much has the office spent on external consultants since it was established?
9. What proportion of office staff from BAME backgrounds?
10. Has the PCC confirmed their intention to run again in next year's 2016 election?
5 March 2015 - Expenses / costs - response
From your recent accounts, under the heading “Premises”, that the cost of renting at Pynes Hill amounted to £120,000 in the year 2013/4, not £100,000 as reported in the media. If this is correct, presumably the rent for the year 2014/5 will be even higher.
I would like to know who owns these premises, and what space and other costs are included?
When Tony Hogg and his staff make their move to Middlemoor, who is being paid the considerable sum of £500,000 and what will they be doing to justify this?
9 February 2015 - Expenses / costs - response
You seek access to the following information:
Can you please provide details of your Police force budget for 2015-16 and say how much less this is in percentage terms compared to the previous year?
How is your force going to meet the savings required?
Are you intending to raise the police precept and if so by how much?
Looking beyond 2015-16, what estimates have you made of the likely budget reduction over the following two, three, four and five years?
What plans are being considered to make the likely required savings?
31 March 2016 - Miscellanous - response
I would like to know how much money Devon and Cornwall PCC have given to The Ascension Trust / Street Pastors in the financial years 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, as well as any payments made to date in the financial period 2016-2017.
The Ascension Trust's charity number is 1127204. The 'Street Pastors' is a project run by The Ascension Trust.
Can you please provide figures broken down into each financial year.
19 February 2016 - Miscellanous - response
- How many of the police officers in your force area work on the operational frontline? How many were on the operational frontline on January 1st 2012?
- How many police stations have closed in your area since you took office?
- Could you provide details of how often Home Office ministers have made an official visit to you in your capacity as Police and Crime Commissioner? Specifically, I would like to know the date of the visit, who the minister was, and what was the official purpose of that visit.
11 January 2016 - Miscellanous - response
1a) data on funding the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) has allocated to activities related to human trafficking and/or modern slavery (for example, but not limited to: a dedicated unit, staff training, prevention, investigation, prosecution, awareness campaigns) within its force area for the years 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17. If this is not possible or too broad please refer to 1b)
1b) data on any funding the PCC has allocated to activities related to human trafficking and/or modern slavery (for example, but not limited to: a dedicated unit, staff training, prevention, investigation, prosecution, awareness campaigns) within its force area since 2012. If this is not possible or too broad, please refer to 1c)
1c) data on any funding the PCC has allocated to activities related to human trafficking and/or modern slavery (for example, but not limited to: a dedicated unit, staff training, prevention, investigation, prosecution, awareness campaigns) within its force area in 2014-15.
2)If the PCC hasn’t allocated any funding specifically to activities related to human trafficking and/or modern slavery (for example, but not limited to staff training, prevention, investigation, prosecution, awareness campaigns) within its force area since 2012 please confirm that in writing.
3a) Please provide details of the time period covered by the latest Police and Crime Plan.
3b) Does the latest Police and Crime Plan include any reference to human trafficking and/or modern slavery? Please answer yes or no.
3c) If the answer at 3b) is no, please provide any other document that may contain any plan specifically dedicated to human trafficking/modern slavery within the force area dating back to 2012.
4) If the force area hasn’t had/doesn’t a plan specifically dedicated to human trafficking and/or modern slavery since2012, can you please confirm that in writing.
10 December 2015 - Miscellanous - response
- Are you aware that the practice of breast ironing is occurring in your jurisdiction?
- Do you have a record of incidents of breast ironing that have come to your attention?
- If so, how many incidents do you have recorded in each of the years 2010 to 2015?
- How many convictions for abuse have you had in your area where breast ironing has been part of or been the root of the abuse in each year between 2010 and 2015?
- Do you feel you have the right guidance to equip your team to be able to identify the warning signs that breast ironing is occurring?
- Would you welcome more guidance?
- If you have any more information on this topic, I would be really grateful to receive it.
10 November 2015 - Miscellanous - response
Access to the following information in relation to the OPCC’s consultation on council tax:
- FOI please make know the Number of persons who already responded and the number for and against.
22 October 2015 - Miscellanous - response
Please could you confirm whether Tony Hogg plans to stand for re-election next year?
In addition, could you also confirm your latest Special Constable headcount versus your target headcount in the PCC Plan.
10 August 2015 - Miscellanous - response
The amount your organisation pays to the Confederation of British Industry and its subsidiaries. Please provide the amount paid to the CBI (and its regional subsidiaries)
(a) in membership fees
(b) fees for one off conferences or other events and
(c) fees paid to the CBI for any other services.
Please make clear if the response includes payments from any Non-Departmental Public Bodies, Executive Agencies etc which fall under the department and please provide a breakdown of what payments came from which agency/body.
Please provide this information for the period 2009-2015 set out by calendar or financial year.
If you are unable to provide all of this information within the time/cost limit please work up to the limit focusing on membership fees.
8 May 2015 - Miscellanous - response
Please can you tell me whether the PCC, or any employee of the PCC’s office, has been charged with any criminal offence since 1 January 2014, and if so:
1. The name of the individual concerned.
2. The date set for their first appearance in court.
3. What they were charged with.
23 April 2015 - Miscellanous - response
Regarding any foreign trips undertaken by the PCC for business purposes, please can you tell me:
1. How many such trips the PCC has undertaken since being elected in 2012
2. The countries visited
3. For each country visited, a brief description of the purpose of the visit (e.g. to attend a conference)
4. A figure for the total amount claimed in expenses (e.g. airline tickets, accommodation, subsistence, other transport etc) for all foreign business trips undertaken since November 2012.
4 April 2015 - Miscellanous - response
(1) Do PCCs have powers to prevent Chief Constable’s from resigning, or retiring if that police officer is the subject of an IPCC investigation?
(2) Do PCCs have powers to prevent Chief Constable’s from resigning or retiring if the PCC knows there is a possibility that police officer may become the subject of an IPCC investigation in the future?
(3) Assuming that either (1) or (2) are part of the law that created PCCs, to what extent does the legislation put an obligation on PCCs to be aware that a chief constable is, or might in the future, be the subject of an IPCC investigation.
12 March 2015 - Miscellanous - response
I am writing to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act regarding the outsourcing of police custody and detention services in your police force:
1. Is the custody and detention function in your force currently contracted out to a private provider?
2. If yes, please provide the following details:
A. Name of contractor
B. Duration and end date of current contract with the contractor
C. Details of any proposed change in the contractor as a result of retendering
3. If no, do you have any current plans to enter into any tendering process, or call down services from an existing framework contract, to outsource your custody and detention services?
4. The total number of police staff custody and detention officers (full time equivalent please) currently employed by your force, or by the private contractor providing your custody and detention services?
18 February 2015 - Public engagment - response
Access to the following information:
Any documents, reports, briefings, presentations, analyses, guides, or strategy documents relating to how the Police and Crime Commissioner should portray himself and his office in the media, how to secure media coverage, strategies for dealing with the media, any media campaigns either planned or carried out, and how to respond to questions / inquiries from the media on any subject for which there is a document / briefing / paper etc
My request covers the time of the commissioner’s period in office to date.
4 February 2016 - Victims - response
1. In the financial years 2013-2014, 2014-15 and 2015 - present, how many grants were awarded in which at least one of the outputs/outcomes was to provide services to victims of stalking? This could be any service to help victims e.g. counselling, information and advice, casework however the outcome must have specifically referred to working with victims of stalking.
a) How many of these grants were towards work which was open to victims of stalking who were not being targeted by an ex-partner?
2. What was the total monetary value of these grants?
3. Which organisations were they awarded
2 February 2016 - Victims - response
Please provide contract information including contract values, contract start and end dates and names of providers of your victim support services.
Victim support services may include but are not limited to:
- Victim engagement and support services
- Victim assessment and referral services
- Victims triage services
- Vulnerable victims services
- Victims of CSE services
- Victims of domestic abuse services
- Restorative justice services
Please also highlight whether these services are delivered in house by the PCC or local police force; and specify what the PCC’s commissioning intentions are for future victim support services.