Community link officers
Community link officers have been created to provide communities with a single point of contact within the OPCC.
Community link officers have been created to provide communities with a single point of contact within the OPCC, and to:
- Keep in touch with the key issues arising in each police force Basic Command Unit;
- Encourage information flow from Community Safety Partnership Managers (CSPs);
- Attend community meetings in the locality where there is a clear role for the OPCC to do so;
- Keep appraised of emerging crime types in their area;
- Act as the conduit for understanding emerging threats and risks affecting communities in each locality.
- Ensure that intelligence from Councillor Advocates and OPCC Community Engagement worker colleagues (CEWs) is assessed and acted upon.
The areas covered closely match local policing areas. If you would like to know who the link officer is for your area please see the list below:
- Eleanor Tanner (Mid and North)
- Andrew Kirchin (West)
- Sophie Baker (South and East)
- Lisa Vango (Exeter, West Devon and Devon County)
- Emily Owen (East Devon and Mid Devon)
- Richard Martin (North Devon and Torridge)
- Lyn Gooding
- Dave Eaton
Torbay and South Devon
- Fran Hughes
- Patrick Phelvin
- Wendy Rowden