Open and Transparent Quality Mark 2016/17 and 2017/18

Contacting Devon and Cornwall Police

In an Emergency contact the emergency services: 

Dial 999 if:

  • you or someone else is in immediate danger
  • if the crime is in progress
  • you need police help immediately. 

This could include:

  • someone using violence or threatening violence
  • if there is a danger to life
  • serious damage is being or could be caused to a property
  • a potential criminal has been disturbed or stopped
  • a road traffic accident where someone is hurt or a danger is being caused to other road users.

Deaf/hard of hearing and speech impaired

18000 Emergency – Minicom / Textphone number
999 Emergency - SMS / Text number

To register your mobile for the Emergency Text 999 service please follow this link: emergency SMS.

Call 101 or email

  • report a non urgent crime (you can also do this online)
  • if your car, bicycle or mobile phone has been stolen
  • if your garden shed has been broken into
  • if your property has been damaged
  • if you suspect drug use or dealing in your area
  • if you want to give the police information about crime in your area

Live Chat for non-emergencies from the Devon and Cornwall police website homepage

Deaf/hard of hearing and speech impaired

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can textphone the police on 18001 101 or sms/text 67101. Each call costs 15p

If the matter is not an emergency, dial 101.

For general policing / community safety enquiries Ask NED.

Ask NED is a non-emergency online directory provided by Devon and Cornwall Police. Anyone can use Ask NED to find out the most appropriate organisation they should contact based on their enquiry