Customer service standards
Our Customer Service aim is ‘To provide good customer service and build trust’
- we provide a friendly, helpful and efficient service with a problem solving approach which leaves a good lasting impression.
- we treat everyone with a friendly attitude and try to resolve their problem or question as efficiently as possible.
- we communicate confidently, respectfully and clearly and ensure that we listen to the needs of our colleagues and communities.
- we build trust and confidence in those we serve through the actions we take. We accept feedback and are comfortable responding to criticism and finding ways to improve. We will strive to be the best at what we do.
- we act with integrity, and honour the commitments to those we serve. We don’t take our commitment lightly. We will do everything in our power to do the right thing in an honest, truthful and straightforward way.
You can find out more about our customer service aim, approach and standards here. Below are our customer service standards relating to enquiries by telephone and written correspondence.
We will do our best to answer your call within five rings and to respond to your enquiry at the first point of contact.
If we cannot do this, for example if we need to look into the matter further in order to provide a satisfactory response, we will log your call onto our systems and we will do our best to respond in full within 20 working days. If we are unable to do this, we will keep you informed, at least every 20 working days.
If you leave a message when you contact us out of office hours, we will do our best to acknowledge your voicemail within 24 hours during normal business hours.
We update our voicemail greeting to advise you when we will be out of the office for an extended period of time (a full day or more), and when we expect to return.
In general, we aim to acknowledge postal correspondence within 5 working days. Contact via email and Facebook is automatically acknowledged.
We aim to respond in full as soon as possible, generally within 20 working days. If we are unable to do this, we will keep you informed at least every 20 working days.
We will only respond to correspondence that is carbon copied (cc'd) to us where we consider it appropriate.