FOI requests responded to between June 2020 - May 2021
Below are a selection of responses to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act between 1st June 2020 and 31st May 2021.
23/04/21 - Scrutiny Panel information - response below in bold
- Whether there is a scrutiny panel in existence in your area, and whether this is active
Yes we have a well established Out of Court Scrutiny panel here in Devon and Cornwall, we sit quarterly and aim to scrutinise around 60 Out of court disposals each year. This is made up of 30 Adult cases and 30 youth cases.
- Who attends the panel on a regular basis
Our panel is regularly attended by representatives from the CPS, The Police ,Criminal justice unit, HMCTS, Youth offending teams (YOT) and the judiciary with JP’s present from both Devon and Cornwall as well as representatives from the Victim care unit.
- What the outcomes of the panel are, and how they are shared with the police and public.
The outcomes of the panel will be written up by the Chair of the Panel (in this case me), checked for accuracy with other panel members then provided to the Force executive Board, SW YOT management boards and LCJB before being published in summary on the DCP website.
I have provided a copy of the ToR of the group for your information as this lays out in detail the structure and purpose of the group as well as the reporting mechanism that will follow he group.
07/04/21 - COVID information - response
I would like to know how many staff employed by Devon & Cornwall police have received their COVID vaccination.
If this information is collated then please could you also justify the reason for collecting this data?
Could you also provide me with any policy you have in relation to COVID which include vaccination of staff.
23/03/21 - Whistleblowers information - response
1. How many reports did you receive from whistleblowers in 2019 and in 2020?
2. How many people do you have in your organisation that are trained/permitted to take reports from whistleblowers?
3. What training have the people in question number 2 received in whistleblowing?
4. What cost, if any, was there for this training?
5. Which organisation delivered each course?
6. What is the name of the person that arranged this training and what is their email address?
7. What methods do you have for whistleblowers to contact a person that is authorised to take their report and what are the specific details of these, i.e., email addresses, telephone numbers etc?
8. What are the email addresses for the people authorised to receive whistleblower reports?
9. How many whistleblowers have left the organisation within 12 months of making a report?
10. How many whistleblowers have made an allegation of ‘detriment’ against your organisation?
27/07/20 - Expenses/Costs - response
Can I have a detail copy of your expenses paid to be available to the public?