Skip to content Skip to menu
Open and Transparent Quality Mark 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20
YouTube Instagram LinkedIm

Information rights complaints

Freedom of Information,  Environmental Information, and Data Protection Complaints
If you are not satisfied with our response, or the way we have dealt with your FOI, EIR or data subject access request, or your request for a review of our response to your FOI, EIR or data subject access request, you may complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO).

Who to send your complaint to
You should send your complaint to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner is the UK’s independent regulator responsible for upholding and enforcing the rights of individuals under FOI, EIR and data protection law.  You can contact the information commissioner by:

  • Visiting
  • Writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
  • Phoning 0303 123 1113

What to expect
The ICO will not usually investigate concerns where there has been an undue delay in bringing it to their attention. You should raise your concerns with them within three months of your last meaningful contact with us.

If the ICO thinks that we have not complied with our obligations they can give us advice and ask us to solve the problem. The ICOs main aim is to improve the information rights practices of organisations, where there is an opportunity for them to do so.

What they will do
The ICOs service standards can be found here: