Contracts and tenders
The police and crime commissioner owns contracts relating to her activities and linked to the ownership of assets and vehicles. All contracts of an operational nature are with the chief constable of police. A definitive list of contract ownership is maintained.
Policies for Procurement
Devon and Cornwall Police and Police and Crime Commissioners operate all procurement under a set of policies and procedures, more information can be found here and below.
External auditors are required under Section 5 of the Audit Commission Act 1998 to satisfy themselves that proper arrangements are in place for securing economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the Police and Crime Commissioner’s and Chief Constable’s use of resources. More information can be found here.
Spend over £500
The majority of low value contracts are in the form of a purchase order. We publish this expenditure (where the value is over £500) and this information can be found here.
Invitations to Tender (ITT)
Tender opportunities may be viewed on the Emergency Services Tendering system ‘bluelight’ at https://bluelight.eu-supply.com/ This is a dynamic system that is continually updated with tender opportunities which allows organisations to register within specific areas of interest to receive email notification of new tender opportunities including those from other emergency services.
Instructions for 'bluelight'
- To view tenders, click on 'New Opportunities' on the left hand menu.
- Under 'Organisation' on the form that appears, select "Devon and Cornwall Police" and click on “Search” to view current tender opportunities.
- Alternatively, tick the “All Opportunities” box, then click on “Search” to see present and future opportunities.
Tenders are also advertised on Contract Finder https://www.gov.uk/contracts-finder ” or in TED (Tenders Electronic Daily) – the online version of the 'Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union' (OJEU) as appropriate http://ted.europa.eu/TED/main/HomePage.do
All formal contracts carried out by Devon and Cornwall Police on behalf of the Police and Crime Commissioner are registered on a National Contracts Database at https://www.blpd.gov.uk/foi/foi.aspx
Instructions for 'blpd'
- To view contract information utilise the drop down box next to "Organisation".
- Select "Devon and Cornwall Police" for contracts for Devon and Cornwall PCC
- For details on specific contracts click the link under "Contract Title"