Skip to content Skip to menu
Open and Transparent Quality Mark 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20
YouTube Instagram LinkedIm

How do I query or object to a Notice of Intended Prosecution I have received from Devon and Cornwall Police related to speeding or another driving offence?

The prosecution of offences is an operational matter for the Chief Constable. Any questions or queries related to a Notice of Intended Prosecution should be raised in the first instance with the enforcement unit within Devon and Cornwall Police whose contact details will be included on the letter you have received.   

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of those discussions you may be able to make a complaint to Devon and Cornwall Police. Details of how to make a complaint against Devon and Cornwall Police can be found on the Devon and Cornwall Police website at