Skip to content Skip to menu
Open and Transparent Quality Mark 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20
YouTube Instagram LinkedIm

How to make a complaint

If you’re a victim of crime and you feel that your rights under the Code have not been met then you can complain directly to the criminal justice agency concerned, such as your local police force or the Crown Prosecution Service.

If you have done so and are still dissatisfied then you can take your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is responsible for considering complaints relating to the Victims’ Code. You must first contact your MP and ask them to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman as they will not consider cases directly from a member of the public. Find your local MP.